Service Offering: Bitcoin Mining Setup and Support
What's bitcoin? Bitcoin is a world-wide borderless currency for payment transactions:
- the highest value-add for Bitcoin: low to zero Bitcoin processing fees. Bitcoin allows you to store money in a digital or paper wallet at virtually no cost when compared yearly 200$CA Canadian Bank fees. Merchants use Bitcoin system at ZERO cost when receiving revenue. Consumers paying for lunch as an example pay a 0.0001 BTC fee to miners who process the transaction. Bitcoin is more efficient than banks when you compare banks charge the merchant 3% processing fee without mentioning the credit card interest/service fees. Bitcoin helps you to avoid paying for embedded bank/credit card fees like: rent, staff, account fees, wire transfer costs, cheque costs, merchant fees, ATM fees, Overdraft fees. Bitcoin removes the middlemen and make transactions more efficient. Bitcoin is less expensive to use than legacy currencies once introduced within the bitcoin system. Bitcoin usage is disrupting the necessity for banks, insurers, credit cards, payment systems and exchanges. The interim bad news is when moving outside the Bitcoin system, bank-like levels of exchange fees are involved when converting from Bitcoin to legacy currencies and vice-versa but this interim pain will go away as Bitcoin becomes mainstream as the most popular currency for all the right reasons. Over 100,000 merchants now accept bitcoin including Modern Automotive Performance, Dish Network, TigerDirect and NewEgg.
- The other high value-add for Bitcoin: government obstruction-proof. If the internet is considered a nation in itself, then it could be fitting to say that bitcoin would be the internet's best form of national currency because governments around the world have less instruments to control bitcoin than legacy mediums of currency. This makes bitcoin highly valuable for doing business when governments unjustifiably try to obstruct normal business transactions. Bitcoin transactions are extremely difficult to obstruct in any country. This value-add more than compensates for the bank-like levels of exchange fees involved when converting from Bitcoin to legacy currencies and vice-versa.
- Because bitcoin is open-source software, anyone can contribute to how it works which will spur even more bitcoin innovation disrupting current industry titans even further.
- If you prefer watching videos, watch these Bitcoin documentaries
Most exciting are the predictions for increasing value in bitcoin:
- 10,000USD value for bitcoin
- 50,000USD value for bitcoin
So what are you waiting for? Start mining your own bitcoins! Adequatech can help you with that. Adequatech is an authorized Antminer Canada Reseller. Adequatech can help you to buy the right bitcoin mining hardware(Antminer.ca from Paul Lum) right here in Canada and make electrical wiring recommendations for the amount of hardware you wish to mine bitcoin with. We'll connect your mining rigs to the more popular mining pools:
SET-UP FEE is 500$CA + H.S.T. which includes one-month world-class support for all your Bitcoin Mining questions. Bitcoin Mining Hardware must be purchased as an additional cost. We will also accept the equivalent sum in Bitcoins. Adequatech's Bitcoin Wallet Receive ID:14qp5g3L7r9ivjhpKn2WSKBW5jCC4vvqUs or if you prefer QR Codes, here is our Bitcoin Wallet Receive ID in QR code format:
It's that easy from your Bitcoin wallet to ours. We're highly competitive. To book an appointment, EMAIL: email@example.com or Call/SMS: 613.218.7497.
Service Offering: Replace Microsoft Windows with GNU/Linux
Replace Microsoft Windows with GNU/Linux. Before buying a new computer, consider contacting Adequatech.ca. We provide purchasing advice for your next computing device, be it a tablet, a phone or a desktop computer. We recommend you run your devices with Free and Open-Source GNU/Linux software rather than Microsoft Windows or Apple MAC OS.
Let Adequatech.ca show you how GNU/Linux software can help better your digital lifestyle. We will come to your home with a bootable USB stick customized for your current computer. We will boot GNU/Linux on your current computer without tampering any data on your current hard-drive. GNU/LINUX is cool. Use/install/remove digitally-signed tamper-proof GNU/Linux software-packages from secure internet software-repository sources containing a huge variety of software available for free and maintained by the global community of GNU/Linux contributors. Good software for web-browsing, email, business/finance, word-processing, presentations, desktop-publishing, spreadsheets, drawing, photo-editing, video-editing, sound/music editing, 3D/2D animation. Some Steam games run on GNU/Linux.
We will help you with your transition to your new GNU/Linux device. Transition service includes:
REMEMBER: Computing devices are built to last 2 years under manufacturer warranties. Expect to backup your personal data on an external device on a regular basis. Replace your internal storage devices every two years.
- backup of old device personal data(aka System Administration Support)
- purchasing advice for your next computing device based on latest hardware usually unavailable in the local stores
- installation of GNU/Linux(Debian Gnome or Ubuntu Unity) onto your new device
- configuration of your most frequently used software(aka System Administration Support)
- Familiarization of your new setup, usage of upgrade-manager and backup(aka System Administration Support)
Our service fee depends on the number of hours you need us to step you through. Minimum Service Fee: 60$CA + H.S.T. We're highly competitive. To book an appointment, EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call/SMS: 613.218.7497.
Service Offering: We can help you with your GNU/Linux I.T. System Customizations
If you need help with your I.T. System, Adequatech can help you get the most bang for your outsourced I.T. Support buck. We have been coding, administrating and integrating systems since 1990 with a variety of programming languages, operating systems, database systems and network infrastructures. Here are some samples of code for gtk, android, ubuntu touch/desktop, web servers and no-sql databases. Minimum Service Fee: 60$CA + H.S.T. We're highly competitive. To book an appointment, EMAIL: email@example.com or Call/SMS: 613.218.7497.
Saturday, October 25th, 2014: Glenn Greenwald to speak in Ottawa Sponsored By OpenMedia
Pulitzer-prize winning journalist Glenn Greenwald is coming to Canada. He will speak about privacy, state surveillance, and its impact on Canadians at an event in downtown Ottawa sponsored by your OpenMedia.ca team and produced by Bill Owen of Eyestir Communications. WHERE: 440 Albert Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada. WHEN: Saturday October 25th, 6.30-8.30pm. TICKETS: $35 ($20 for seniors/students with ID).
Saturday, October 4th, 2014: Beware Of Hidden Costs For Home Bitcoin Mining
Oh it looks so enticing to mine bitcoins when you simply look at the price of the bitcoin mining equipment. Right now it ranges between 400 to 550$ for one AntMiner S3+ as an example. However there is more to it than that. When you get the boxes, they don't arrive with power cords and power supplies. Even if you do get a a power supply, you have to make sure you have the right connectors that can plug into the Antminer S3+ to power it up. The Antminer S3+ has 4 PCI+ female ports. That means you need 4 PCI-E connectors coming in, but the PSU Setup Guide for the S3+ on Antminer's Setup Guide is confusing the issue by stating you only need two connected, one on each side. BE VERY CAREFUL otherwise you blow up the antminer. Contact Antminer to confirm what the situation is. Ebizma.com lists the top shopping price comparison web sites for anything including pc parts. Prices vary so much on items and shipping. Be very careful with respect to local stores because they have been caught charging double the price found on the internet for small pc parts. It's ok to charge a markup for product to the locals, but charging double the price found on the internet is unacceptable and double-price markups are rampant so don't accept that and do shop around. Electricians charge roughly 40$ an hour in Ontario.
Subtotal: 4848$CA roughly
Total: 5478.24 Includes 13%HST roughly. This is not a quote for Adequatech.ca's services. This is simply to present a ball park figure as to how much it costs to have such a rig running in your home and it does not include my service fee for configuring and getting Bitcoin Mining Newbies up and running. So there you have it. If you go on the cheap and buy the less expensive stuff, expect more complexity and more setup time. To avoid the complexity and setup time, you might reconsider the AntMiner S4 Bitcoin Miner 2 TH/s is shipping Oct 10, which uses less accessories(less cables, less connectors, less power supplies and tweaking). Be warned, you will need an electrician to tweak your home circuits and wiring to accommodate the number or S3+ or S4 units you do decide to get because if you plug one into your home now, it will probably blow a fuse.
Thursday, September 18, 2014: Firefly-RK3288 Development Board Runs Debian GNU/Linux
Emailed Firefly a few questions and here are their answers: "Mr. Huang Qiyong is VP of the company. We have years of development experience with Rockchip Soc, dating from the ancient MP3 era. The Firefly development board is powerful. Click here for the Firefly-RK3288 Spec. The price tag of our Firefly-RK3288 development board is USD 129 (without shipping). The performance is good. We have good service support and quick response. Our product has undertaken long time test. It is our first step into the open source world. We have passion and energy. Our team has full support from company and Rockchip (We have good relation with RK, and is one of the best design houses.) This is our first step into open source world. We are still learning. We're open ears to your suggestions." Why did you decide to support Lubuntu with LXDE Desktop instead of GNOME/KDE? Does LXDE support the most popular applications that most users would want? Libreoffice, evince(pdf reader), thunderbird, firefox? "The firmware file size is the main consideration. We try hard to cut down the desktop to under 1 GiB for easy distribution. The office apps can be easily installed by apt-get, and they run fine." Will you provide a repository for ubuntu packages built specifically for your device? "We can if it is necessary. Currently, we just use the Ubuntu official repository." I noticed there is no SATA interface to your dev board out-of-the-box. Are there plans to facilitate a rapid communication with a regular hard-drive? Does the USB 3.0 interface provide equivalent performance to SATA for using it as the main storage and operating system device? "RK3288 does not have SATA interface, nor the USB 3.0 interface. We suggest that using nfs (Network File System) or samba, sshfs, etc to mount the storage over the ethernet (Yes, the board has giga ethernet), which will save the budget and keep data safe." I would have honestly preferred GNOME Desktop because I really don't want to adjust to other applications. "In LXDE, the applications written with GTK or QT run equally fine. We'll have a demo of Gnome desktop once it is worked out."
If you buy this board, you will need some kind of storage drive on your local internet. I have no hesitation recommending this board considering their open-source position and prompt response to my emails. Their web site is clear and has documentation for installing GNU/Linux from downloadable images from their website.
Saturday September 13th, 2014: Get Up To Speed With Google's Go Language(A.K.A. golang)
Discover the coolest programming language on the planet, Google's Go also known as "golang". Recommended reads:
Monday August 25, 2014: Wandboard Quad Core boards run Debian GNU/Linux
Wandboard Quad Core Board Specs show SATA support and 2GB DDR3. DIGI-KEY has it for roughly 180$US. Get Debian running on it with these instructions.
Monday August 25, 2014: UDOO Quad boards run Debian GNU/Linux
UDOO Quad show SATA support, 1GB DDR3 and costs roughly 135$US. Here are the Debian Wheezy armHF binaries and instructions for UDOO QUAD.
Monday August 25, 2014: Novena Quad "Just the Board ($550)" runs Debian GNU/Linux
Novena is a 1.2GHz, Freescale quad-core ARM architecture computer closely coupled with a Xilinx FPGA. It's designed for users who care about Free Software and open source, and/or want to modify and extend their hardware: all the documentation for the PCBs is open and free to download, the entire OS is buildable from source, and it comes with a variety of features that facilitate rapid prototyping. The entry-level Novena "Just the Board ($550)" shows 4GiB of RAM, 4GiB microSD card, and an Ath9k-based PCIe wifi card and boots to Debian desktop over HDMI. They ship in November 2014.
Monday August 25, 2014: Gigabyte BRIX Pro GB-BXi7-4770R(Intel i7-based) runs Debian GNU/Linux
The 672$CA Gigabyte BRIX Pro GB-BXi7-4770R. GREAT MINI-PC! HIGHLY-RECOMMENDED. Comes with all the bells and whistles you expect: impressive resolution/3D on HDMI, SPDIF audio, bluetooth, wifi, high-speed, and ultra-quiet. It runs best with Debian GNU/Linux "unstable" version containing the most recent updates for the intel graphics chipset.
Saturday July 26th, 2014: Past Blog Posts
Click here to see past 2014 blog posts.
Travelling to Northern China? Checkout Changchun Landmarks
Four-day Tour in Changchun(长春) and Xianghai(xiànghǎiguójiāzìránbǎohùqū向海国家自然保护区)) is an understatement as to what wonderful experiences you can have in the Changchun region: Northeast Errenzhuan东北二人转, Jingyuetan National Forest Park (jìngyuètánguójiāsēnlíngōngyuán净月潭国家森林公园), Chagan Lake(Chágànhú查干湖/Shèngshuǐhú聖水湖), Miaoyin Temple, ChangBai Mountain(Chǎngbáishān长白山) and Heaven Lake(Tiānhú天湖). The food there is amazing. You can find restaurants serving memorable, fantastic foods from North Korea(Xin North Korea Cold Noodle Restaurant), Sìchuān四川(Laomashou Ganmian老妈手擀面), Germany(Golden Hands金汉斯(红旗街店)), Japan(Yoshinoya), and Huízú回族. These hotels prepare wonderful foods also: Redbuds Hotel, Chang Bai Shan Hotel, Shangri-La Hotel. Lots of ginseng that you buy in Canada comes from Changbaishan which isn't far from Changchun. Jilin Province is the largest producer of ginseng, producing 85 percent of the country's total and over 70 percent of the world's total amount. Shy Grass, Mushroom Wine, Chuan Popo Spicy Sichuan Sauce and other marvellous wonders can also be found at the Changchun Agricultural Fair. The best cartoon I have ever seen is 中華一番之滿漢傳奇(Zhōnghuá yī fān zhī mǎn hàn chuánqí) Cooking Master Boy 中華一番!(Chūka Ichiban!).
If it's not good for everyone, it's no good at all
Ubuntu Party's “If it’s not good for everyone, it’s no good at all.” does relate and fit in well to Adequatech's position and application towards Digital Freedoms, net-neutrality, censorship, open-source, accountability and transparency. Ubuntu Party's presentation states:
Most of our ancient cultures had a saying that “if it’s not good for everyone, it’s no good at all.” In Africa, they called it UBUNTU. But this philosophy was shared by hundreds if not thousands of ancient cultures all over the world.
Ubuntu Party is worthwhile for others to read about it, to reflect about it and to apply it.
Adequatech David Marceau Sole Proprietorship
CANADIAN H.S.T. # 84636 5336 RT 0001
- Authorized Bitmain Antminer Bitcoin Mining Equipment Consultant and Reseller. 马大伟是的比特大陆蚂蚁矿机“比特币”计算机顾问和销售人员(Mǎdàwěi shì de bǐtè dàlù mǎyǐ kuàng jī “bǐtè bì” jìsuànjī gùwèn hé xiāoshòu rényuán)
- specializes in selling GNU/Linux compatible computer devices(phones or computers) that big stores don't have
- provides emergency help for GNU/Linux computer devices
- teaches people GNU/Linux computer device skills
- does Information Technology consulting for businesses using GNU/Linux(web site installation/setup/maintenance)
- since 1990, coding, administrating and integrating systems with a variety of programming languages, operating systems, database systems and network infrastructures
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call/SMS: 613.218.7497